Surviving & Thriving with Pelvic & Sexual Pain
A course designed for women struggling with pelvic & sexual pain.
Over a third of women suffer from pelvic and/or sexual pain at some point in their lives. Many of these women do not have access to a counselor who treats these conditions. This online course was designed to give women the resources to understand and manage their pelvic and/or sexual pain.
While this course is not a replacement of counseling, it provides women struggling with pelvic and/or sexual pain knowledge about these disorders, basic skills to navigate our complex medical system and effective coping skills.
This course will help you understand:
- the causes and common symptoms of pelvic and/or sexual pain
- the pelvic floor and its role in pelvic pain
- how past traumatic experiences impact on your pelvic and/or sexual pain
- the connection between diet and pelvic and/or sexual pain
- the differences between evidence-based treatments, including:
- dilator therapy
- graduated exposure therapy
- mindfulness techniques
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- EMDR therapy
- how to enhance sexual pleasure and sexual desire with pelvic/sexual pain (with yourself and with a partner)
It will give you:
- a game plan for establishing a treatment team
- resources to seek out pelvic floor physical therapists and other professionals
- tools for coping with your pain
Heather Davidson completed her Master of Arts and Master of Education in counseling psychology at Columbia University. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Certified Sex Therapist of the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT). Ms. Davidson is also an EMDR certified therapist. She completed the Council for Relationship’s Post Graduate Certificate Program in Sex Therapy.
Ms. Davidson lectures extensively on couples, trauma and sexual health issues. She has been interviewed as an expert on women’s sexual and pelvic pain issues in publications such as Philly Voice and Playboy magazine’s Playboy Advisor column. Heather is also the co-author of Master Conflict Therapy: A New Model for Practicing Couples and Sex Therapy. Ms. Davidson currently maintains a full-time private practice in Narberth, Pennsylvania where she specializes in couples and sex therapy, and the treatment of trauma-related disorders.